Saturday, October 1, 2011

Fried Pickles

I just made these babies and they are awesome. My husband said to call it FanTABulous! Haha! Here's the recipe I came up with so you can be the judge. Be sure to let me know what you think when you've made them! I am constantly tweaking my recipes to improve them so your input will help!


Fried Pickles

1 Jar Dill Pickle Spears

½ teaspoon Salt, more for taste after frying

1 teaspoon black pepper, or more to taste

1 large Egg

½ cup Milk, I used 2%

2 cups finely crushed Ritz crackers(about 1 ½ packs)

½ teaspoon Cayenne Pepper

¼ teaspoon Seasoned Salt

½ teaspoon Pickle Juice, from jar

Tabasco Sauce, 4 dashes. You can use more or less depending on your taste.

Oil for Frying, I used vegetable oil

Method:

In large freezer bag, mix together the flour, salt, black pepper and seasoned salt. Place pickle spears in bag and shake until well coated.

In a small bowl mix together Milk, Eggs, Tabasco and Pickle Juice.

In another freezer bag, pour in Ritz crackers and finely crush. Add Cayenne Pepper and then pour out onto a plate.

In batches, dip the flour-coated pickles into the egg/milk mixture and then into the cracker mix. Place cracker-coated pickles on a large plate or sheet. Repeat until all pickles are evenly coated.

Skillet Frying:

In a large, heavy skillet heat ½ inch of oil on medium heat until it reaches 350 degrees. Cook the pickles for one minute or until golden, turning once. Depending on the size of your skillet, you will probably have several batches to do. Drain on paper towels.

Deep Frying/Fry Daddy:

Fill fryer to the line and wait until heated. This is usually about 350 degrees. Drop in pickles, depending on your fryer size the batches will differ. I used a fry daddy so I did them 3-4 pickles at a time. Fry for about 1 minute or until golden. Remove from oil and drain on paper towel.

Yields 8-10 pickles.

You could use pickle chips and yield more.

No comments:

Post a Comment