Friday, December 31, 2010

It's time to say goodbye..

It's time to say goodbye to 2010. You have been another crazy year, some good, some bad. Here is a short blog about things that have been accomplished and lost in this crazy, tragic, sometimes always magic, wonderful, beautiful year.

In January, we started seeing an RE in Columbus and wasn't given the greatest news possible, but we worked through it. If there is anything that we have learned from Infertility, it's patience. We may not have become parents this year, but we know it will happen.

March brought another birthday and I said hello to turning 28, I am getting closer to that 3-0 but quite honestly, it really doesn't scare me that much anymore.

In April, Ryan and I celebrated 6 years of marriage. It seems like such a short time ago that we were saying our vows and starting our life together. We also got to celebrate our Nephew's first birthday and it was unbelievable to think that he had just turned 1, time really does go by so fast.

In May, we looked at a house and are pretty confident that it's the ONE that we are going to purchase and hope to pursue it at the beginning of 2011. Sadly, May brought tears for us as well. We said goodbye to our little furbaby, Milo. She was a joy in our life and we still miss her very much. She was with us for 5 years but left such a huge impression on our hearts.

June was another sad time, it was 4 years ago that we lost our first child. I miscarried our first baby on June 23, 2006 and it's still as real now as it was then and it's hard to believe we would have an almost 4 year old had we not lost it.

When August arrived, I took one of the biggest steps yet, I decided to go back to school! On August 16th I started attending Shawnee State University. My major is photography and I can now proudly say that I survived my first semester. I am getting ready to start my second and will be counting down a total of 8 to reach graduation with a Bachelor's Degree in Fine Arts. Ryan also had a pretty big event this August, he turned 30 and he took it well.

Ryan has done a lot of traveling with work this year and even though I don't like it, I appreciate and am thankful that he has a job. We still don't have it all together, but together we have it all. I hope that 2011 brings a lot more progression towards our dreams.

Overall, 2010 has been a pretty good year. There was a lot of time spent with family and friends. We have had a roof over our heads, plenty to eat, good general health and tons more to be thankful for. Here's to 2011 bringing a lot more happiness and good memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment